Our award winning Seven Hills Dance Company, performing and competing since 1985, is a sector of the studio comprised of about 30 students selected by audition each Spring. Members range in age from 7 to 18. They are active students participating in at least six hours of dance weekly and choosing dance as their activity of focus.
Emily Karol, Anna Bradley McCall, Ellery Martin, Ashby Moody, Paige Sittason, Ella Drew White
Tianna Ferguson, Meg Garrison, Vivian Johnson, Layla Moss, Elaina Naples, Cassidy Perdue, Haley Piercy, Carsyn Roark, Savena Royal, Addison Wiggs, Jaidin Wingfield
Emma Bentov, FaTima-Grace Errami, Anna Hall, Haley Huggins, Sarah Jackson, McKenna Mason, Reagan Melancon, Katie Salmon
Mission & Features
- Provide opportunities to train as a team at an elevated level to improve technique and artistry.
- Instill the love of dance, learning, and performing and to create well-rounded dancers and individuals.
- Teach the importance of the process, not just the product.
- Take classes with industry professionals.
- Perform in annual recital and at community events in addition to Lynchburg Dance Connection Showcase.
- Company dancers participate in all of the above plus parties, sleepovers, and MORE allowing them to build strong friendships that last far past their time at the studio.
- Members usually compete at approximately 2-3 regional competitions during the spring semester.
- Above all, our goals are to continue training and bonding as a team, continue expanding and accelerating their learning capacity and pace, and provide much needed time with other dancers who share the same passion.
Tryouts – Friday, April 30 (tentative)
- Tryouts are usually held each Spring. See below for requirements.
- Please wear tights and leotard and/or fitted dance shorts or leggings.
- Bring all dance shoes and put hair up away from face.
- Students will be notified of results via EMAIL following the recital.
- Use CURRENT studio level to determine tryout time.
- Senior Company (Levels 6 & Advanced): 4:30 PM
- Teen Company (Levels 4 & 5): 5:30 PM
- Junior Company (Elementary C Combo & Levels 1, 2, 3): 6:30 PM
Company members are selected by the Seven Hills Faculty based on attendance, performance, behavior, and dedication in normal classes as well as interactions with instructors and classmates. A dance company is a team. Just as sports teams require all players to attend practices, dance companies require their dancers to attend all classes and rehearsals and abide by policies and principles.
- It is difficult to choreograph and work as a team when attendance is poor.
- Please take conflicts into consideration before trying out.
- Missing more than 5 company practices or 5 regular classes is cause for dismissal.
Members are expected to:
- Pay attention, be dressed appropriately, and be ready to work and show respect to teachers and peers.
- Be enrolled in ballet, tap, and jazz classes at Seven Hills for at least one year prior to auditioning and while in company. Senior Company must also be enrolled in lyrical and/or modern.
- Participate in select community events, performances, and master classes throughout the year.
- Attend Summer Camps. Register online via our Summer Camp page when open.
- Attend August practices (approx. Tues & Thurs from 5:30 – 7:30 PM).
- Attend weekly Saturday practices (approx. 9:00 – 11:30 AM Sept-May).
- During COVID, practices are on Fridays from 4:30-6:15 PM.
- Covers instruction time.
- $60 – August 10 – May 10.
- Combined with regular class tuition.
- This begins in August instead of September because company begins in August.
- Covers competition entry fees, costume fees, & class fees for events we attend.
- We are now offering options for installment payments!
- TRADITIONAL PLAN: Monthly installments of $250 from July 20 – December 20.
- MONTHLY: Monthly installment of $150 August 20 – May 20.
- YEARLY: Pay year in full for 10% discount = $1350
Items To Purchase
- Team Jacket: $65. Login to Parent Portal and choose STORE from the Menu.
- Competition earrings: $15. Login to Parent Portal and choose STORE from the Menu.
- False eyelashes and eyelash glue (local drugstore).
- Stage make-up and hair supplies as needed.
By signing the above agreement upon joining Dance Company, dancers and parents agree to pay all fees in full, abide by all standards and consequences, hold harmless Seven Hills Dance Studio, its directors and staff, as well as all independent contractors or third party conventions/competitions from any and all claims, loss of/damage to personal property or injuries sustained while participating in any activity associated with Dance Company, and give permission to use photos, performances, and likeness for publicity or documentary purposes royalty-free in perpetuity.