Our award winning Seven Hills Dance Company, performing and competing since 1985, is a sector of the studio comprised of about 30 students selected by audition each Spring. Members range in age from 8 to 18. They are active students participating in at least six hours of dance weekly and choosing dance as their activity of focus.
Emily Karol, Anna Bradley McCall, Ellery Martin, Ashby Moody, Paige Sittason, Ella Drew White
Tianna Ferguson, Meg Garrison, Vivian Johnson, Layla Moss, Elaina Naples, Cassidy Perdue, Haley Piercy, Carsyn Roark, Savena Royal, Addison Wiggs, Jaidin Wingfield
Emma Bentov, FaTima-Grace Errami, Anna Hall, Haley Huggins, Sarah Jackson, McKenna Mason, Reagan Melancon, Katie Salmon
Mission & Features
- Provide opportunities to train as a team at an elevated level to improve technique and artistry.
- Instill the love of dance, learning, and performing and to create well-rounded dancers and individuals.
- Teach the importance of the process, not just the product.
- Take classes with industry professionals.
- Perform in annual recital and at community events in addition to Lynchburg Dance Connection Showcase.
- Company dancers participate in all of the above plus parties, sleepovers, and MORE allowing them to build strong friendships that last far past their time at the studio.
- Members usually compete at approximately 2-3 regional competitions during the spring semester.
- We will finalize this schedule in the fall once competitions have released their schedules.
Tryouts – Friday, April 29
- Tryouts are held each Spring. See below for requirements.
- Please wear tights and leotard and/or fitted dance shorts or leggings.
- Bring all dance shoes and put hair up away from face.
- Students will be notified of results by EMAIL in June.
- Use CURRENT studio level to determine tryout time.
- Senior Company (Levels 6 & Advanced): 4:30 PM
- Teen Company (Levels 4 & 5): 5:30 PM
- Junior Company (Elementary C Combo & Levels 1, 2, 3): 6:30 PM
Company members are selected by the Seven Hills Faculty based on attendance, performance, behavior, and dedication in normal classes as well as interactions with instructors and classmates. A dance company is a team. Just as sports teams require all players to attend practices, dance companies require their dancers to attend all classes and rehearsals and abide by policies and principles.
- It is difficult to choreograph and work as a team when attendance is poor.
- Please take conflicts into consideration before trying out.
- Missing more than 3 company practices or 5 regular classes is cause for dismissal.
Members are expected to:
- Pay attention, be dressed appropriately, and be ready on time to work and show respect to teachers and peers.
- Join our BAND app for all communication. Click to join AFTER you are in Company.
- Be enrolled in ballet, tap, & jazz classes at Seven Hills at least one year prior to auditioning and while in company.
- Senior Company must also be enrolled in lyrical and/or modern.
- Participate in select community events, performances, and master classes throughout the year.
- Attend Summer Camps. Register online via our Summer Camp page.
- Attend August practices: Tues & Thurs from 4:30 – 6:30 PM
- Attend Sept-May weekly practices: Fridays from 4:30 – 6:30 PM
- Covers instruction time.
- $60 – August 10 – May 10.
- Combined with regular class tuition Sept – May.
- Begins in August instead of September because company begins in August.
- Covers competition entry fees, costume fees, & class fees for events we attend.
- We are now offering options for installment payments!
- TRADITIONAL PLAN: Monthly installments of $250 from July 20 – December 20.
- MONTHLY: Monthly installment of $150 August 20 – May 20.
- YEARLY: Pay year in full for 10% discount = $1350
Items To Purchase after joining
- Team Jacket: $65. Login to Parent Portal and choose STORE from the Menu.
- Competition earrings: $15. Login to Parent Portal and choose STORE from the Menu.
- False eyelashes and eyelash glue (local drugstore).
- Click to watch our eyelash tutorial video.
- Stage make-up and hair supplies as needed.
If you have received an invitation to join Company, click HERE to complete your acceptance.