Our award winning Seven Hills Dance Company, performing and competing since 1985, is a sector of the studio comprised of about 30 students selected by audition each Spring. Members range in age from 8 to 18. They are active students participating in at least six hours of dance weekly and choosing dance as their activity of focus.
Arynn Hutchinson, Addison Jennings, Emily Karol, Ellery Martin, Ashby Moody, Lillian Richmond, Paige Sittason, Kennedy Thomas, Adalyn Tuggle, Louise Young, Clara Zechin
Meg Garrison, Vivian Johnson, Anna Bradley McCall, Layla Moss, Elaina Naples, Carsyn Roark, Savena Royal, Ella Drew White, Jaidin Wingfield
Emma Bentov, FaTima-Grace Errami, Tianna Ferguson, Avery Gagen, Haley Huggins, Sarah Jackson, Cassidy Perdue, Addison Wiggs
Mission & Features
- Provide opportunities to train as a team at an elevated level to improve technique and artistry.
- Instill the love of dance, learning, and performing and to create well-rounded dancers and individuals.
- Teach the importance of the process, not just the product.
- Take classes with industry professionals.
- Compete at regional competitions during the spring semester.
- Perform in annual recital and community events.
- Participate in all of the above plus parties, sleepovers, and MORE allowing them to build strong friendships and skills that last far past their time at the studio.
Company members are selected by the Seven Hills Faculty based on attendance, performance, behavior, and dedication in normal classes as well as interactions with instructors and classmates. A dance company is a team. Just as sports teams require all players to attend practices, dance companies require their dancers to attend all classes and rehearsals and abide by policies and principles.
- It is difficult to choreograph and work as a team when attendance is poor.
- Please take conflicts into consideration before trying out.
- Missing more than 3 company practices or 5 regular classes is cause for dismissal.
Members are expected to:
- Pay attention, be dressed appropriately, and be ready on time to work and show respect to teachers and peers.
- Join our BAND app for all communication. Click to join AFTER you are in Company.
- Be enrolled in ballet, tap, & jazz classes at Seven Hills at least one year prior to auditioning and while in company.
- Senior Company must also be enrolled in lyrical and/or modern.
- Participate in select community events, performances, and master classes throughout the year.
- Lynchburg Dance Connection Showcase: Sunday, Feb 27, 2022 at the Academy Center of the Arts.
- Attend Summer Camps. Register online via our Summer Camp page.
- Attend August practices: Tues & Thurs from 4:30 – 6:30 PM
- Attend Sept-May weekly practices: Fridays from 4:30 – 6:30 PM
- Attend approx. three competition events in the Spring. Schedule TBA this fall once events have released dates.
- We MAY attend a fourth event if the schedule permits since we didn’t get to compete last year. Details TBA.
- The entire company performs in a Production number each year at recital, at competitions, and at other local events as needed.
- Senior Company also performs three routines: tap, jazz, and contemporary
- Teen Company also performs two routines: tap and jazz (and potentially a third miscellaneous style this year)
- Junior Company also performs two routines: tap and jazz (and potentially a third miscellaneous style this year)
- Solo, duo, trios are done by request only. Company teachers must approve these.
- Covers instruction time.
- $60 – August 10 – May 10.
- Combined with regular class tuition Sept – May.
- Begins in August instead of September because company begins in August.
- Covers competition entry fees, costume fees, & class fees for events we attend.
- IMPORTANT: The fees below are based on THREE competitions. Subject to change if we do a FOURTH event. You will be notified if so.
- We are now offering options for installment payments!
- TRADITIONAL PLAN: Monthly installments of $250 from July 20 – Dec 20.
- MONTHLY: Monthly installment of $150 Aug 20 – May 20.
- YEARLY: Pay year in full for 10% discount = $1350. Charged after receiving acceptance form.
- If you would prefer to use your bank’s online billpay, schedule checks for the amounts/dates above and let us know!
Items To Purchase after joining
- Team Jacket: $65. Login to Parent Portal and choose STORE from the Menu.
- Competition earrings: $15. Login to Parent Portal and choose STORE from the Menu.
- False eyelashes and eyelash glue (local drugstore). Click for eyelash tutorial video.
- Stage make-up and hair supplies as needed.
Tryouts – Friday, April 29
- Tryouts are held each Spring.
- TRYOUT FEE: $10 per dancer. Cash/check due at tryouts.
- Please wear tights and leotard and/or fitted dance shorts or leggings.
- Bring all dance shoes and put hair up away from face.
- Results will be EMAILED or MAILED in June.
- Use CURRENT studio level to determine tryout time.
- Senior Company (Levels 6 & Advanced): 4:30 PM
- Teen Company (Levels 4 & 5): 5:30 PM
- Junior Company (Elementary C Combo & Levels 1, 2, 3): 6:30 PM