Our award winning Seven Hills Dance Company was established in 1985. This group is a small sector of the studio comprised of about 30 students selected by audition each Spring. Members range in age from 8 to 18 and must be enrolled at the studio for one year prior to auditioning. Company offers dedicated dancers the opportunity to travel to conventions to take classes with professionals and compete on a regional level. They are active students participating in at least six hours of dance weekly and choosing dance as their activity of focus.
2021-2022 Company Divisions
Mission & Features
- Provide opportunities to train as a team at an elevated level to improve technique and artistry.
- Instill the love of dance, learning, and performing and to create well-rounded dancers and individuals.
- Teach the importance of the process, not just the product.
- Take classes with industry professionals.
- Compete at regional competitions during the spring semester.
- Perform in annual recital and community events.
- Participate in all of the above plus parties, sleepovers, and MORE allowing them to build strong friendships and skills that last far past their time at the studio.
Company members are selected by the Seven Hills Faculty based on attendance, performance, behavior, and dedication in normal classes as well as interactions with instructors and classmates. A dance company is a team. Just as sports teams require all players to attend practices, dance companies require their dancers to attend all classes and rehearsals and abide by policies and principles.
- It is difficult to choreograph and work as a team when attendance is poor.
- Please take conflicts into consideration before trying out.
- Missing more than 3 company practices or 5 regular classes is cause for dismissal.
- Pay attention, be dressed appropriately, and be ready on time to work and show respect to teachers and peers.
- Join our BAND app for all communication. Click to join AFTER you are in Company.
- Be enrolled in ballet, tap, & jazz classes at Seven Hills at least one year prior to auditioning and while in company.
- Senior Company must also be enrolled in lyrical and/or modern.
- Participate in select community events, performances, and master classes throughout the year.
- Lynchburg Dance Connection Showcase: Sunday, Feb 27, 2022 at the Academy Center of the Arts.
- Attend Summer Camps. Register online via our Summer Camp page.
- Attend August practices: Tues & Thurs from 4:30 – 6:30 PM.
- Attend Sept-May weekly practices: Fridays from 4:30 – 6:30 PM.
- Attend approx. three competition events in the Spring. Event schedule located in the BAND calendar.
- The entire company performs in a Production number each year at recital, at competitions, and at other local events as needed.
- Senior Company also performs tap, jazz, and contemporary.
- Teen Company also performs tap, jazz, and lyrical.
- Junior Company also performs tap and jazz.
- Solo, duo, trios are done by request only. Company teachers must approve these.
- All company members are also invited to participate in a contemporary number to be performed at the LDC showcase.
- Choreographed by Ryan.
- Fee: $105 auto-charged on 2/15 if participating.
- Covers costume, rehearsal time, and participation fee for LDC.
- Covers instruction time.
- $60 – August 10 – May 10.
- Combined with regular class tuition Sept – May.
- Begins in August instead of September because company begins in August.
- Covers competition entry fees, costume fees, & class fees for events we attend.
- IMPORTANT: The fees below are based on THREE competitions.
- We are now offering options for installment payments!
- TRADITIONAL PLAN: Monthly installments of $250 from July 20 – Dec 20.
- MONTHLY: Monthly installment of $150 Aug 20 – May 20.
- YEARLY: Pay year in full for 10% discount = $1350. Charged after receiving acceptance form.
- If you would prefer to use your bank’s online billpay, schedule checks for the amounts/dates above and let us know!
Items To Purchase after completing acceptance. DUE AUG 1
- Team Jacket: $65. Login to Parent Portal and choose STORE from the Menu.
- Competition earrings: $15. Login to Parent Portal and choose STORE from the Menu.
- False eyelashes and eyelash glue (local drugstore). Click for eyelash tutorial video.
- Stage make-up: foundation, concealer, blush, neutral eyeshadows, liner, mascara, and red lipstick.
- Hair supplies: gel, brush, comb, elastics and bobby pins that match hair color, and hairspray.
Solos, Duos, & Trios
- Choreographer’s fee due to teacher, not studio, at first rehearsal: $125 per dancer, per piece. Cash/check only.
- Rehearsals will be determined between student and teacher.
- Costumes: $60 per costume. Auto-Pay October 15.
- Or, you may purchase your own costume or use an old one.
- Costume choices due September 15.
- Competition Entry fees: Auto-Pay February 15, March 15, & April 15.
- Solo fees are $120 per dancer, per competition.
- Duo fees are $75 per dancer, per competition.
Tryouts – Friday, April 29
- Tryouts are held each Spring.
- TRYOUT FEE: $10 per dancer. Cash/check due at tryouts.
- Please wear tights and leotard and/or fitted dance shorts or leggings.
- Bring all dance shoes and put hair up away from face.
- Results will be emailed & posted to our Dance Company page in June.
- Use CURRENT studio level to determine tryout time.
- Senior Company (Levels 6 & Advanced): 4:30 PM
- Teen Company (Levels 4 & 5): 5:30 PM
- Junior Company (Elementary C Combo & Levels 1, 2, 3): 6:30 PM