Our annual recital is a long-time and eagerly anticipated tradition held each May at E.C. Glass High School. We aim to create a polished, professional performance and to instill the value of show and rehearsal etiquette. This requires regular attendance in class, dedicated practice, and participation at rehearsals.
2020 Stage show CANCELLED due to COVID-19.
Staggered tapings of recital dances are scheduled for the third week in August. Footage will be edited for showings at a drive-in movie Sept 18 & 19. More details to come!
2020 Act 1 theme
Frozen – traditionally includes all Ballet, Pointe, Hippity Hop, and Acro 1 in addition to Primary Combo, Kinder Combo, Elementary Combo A, and parts of Elementary Combo B and C.
2020 Act 2 theme
iHeartDANCE – traditionally includes all other classes: Tap, Jazz, Modern, Lyrical, Hip Hop, Acro, Seniors, & Company
Friday, May 14 & Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 7:00 PM
Themes – TBA
- Regular classes stop two weeks before the show and Studio and Stage Rehearsals begin.
- Dancers will be assigned time slots within TENTATIVE times below that pertain to dance(s) in show order.
- Dancers may leave EC Glass rehearsals after running their dance(s) once or twice in show order.
- Show order and detailed rehearsal schedule is released each February or March.
May 3, 5, 10, 2021
Act 1 rehearsals @ studio. Dancers are assigned time slot(s) based on show order between 4:30–7:30.
May 4, 6, 11, 2021
Act 2 rehearsals @ studio. Dancers are assigned time slot(s) based on show order between 4:30–7:30.
May 12, 2021
Stage Rehearsal @ EC Glass. Dancers are assigned time slot(s) based on show order. Act 1: 4:30 – 6:30. Dinner Break: 6:30-700. Act 2: 7:00-9:30.
May 14, 2021
Dress Rehearsal @ EC Glass. Dancers are assigned time slot(s) based on show order. Act 1: 4:30 – 6:30. Dinner Break: 6:30-700. Act 2: 7:00-9:30.
- Ticketing is NOT OPEN at this time.
- Tickets are sold ONLINE – not at the studio.
- When open, visit tututix.com/SevenHillsDance to choose seat(s)!
- Or, call 855-222-2TIX (2849)
- Print tickets at home for FREE or pay for mailed souvenir tickets.
- Purchase early for good seats!
- ONLINE TICKETS: $12. TutuTix charges $1 per ticket fee, plus 5% processing.
- AT THE DOOR TICKETS: $15. Show nights only. Box office opens 6:00 PM. No debit/credit. General admission seating.
- Proceeds go toward venue, sound, & equipment rental, stage/technical staff, & production expenses.
- Commemorative show t-shirts, DVDs, flower bouquets, program ads, & picture options will be available.
- Costumes are $60 per dance.
- Creative Movement & Pre-Pointe do not have costumes/are not in recital.
- Costume fees are auto charged to payment on file the 3rd Friday in November.
- Costumes are ordered in December once payment is received. Non-refundable.
- Costumes are not sent home until paid in full. Students may not perform if not paid.
- Alterations are the responsibility of the parent. Sometimes a simple safety pinning of straps is helpful.
- Each dance will require specific dance shoes/tights.
- There are times when costume may require items different from dress code.
- Show needs & rehearsal schedule will be distributed closer to show.
# of Costumes & Show Assignments
- Primary combo: ballet routine in one show. (one costume)
- Kinder combo: tap routine in one show. (one costume)
- Elementary Combo A: ballet routine in one show. (one costume)
- Hippity Hop: one routine in both shows. (one costume)
- Elementary Combo B: tap & jazz routine in both shows. (two costumes)
- Elementary Combo C: ballet, tap, and jazz routine in both shows. (three costumes)
- All other classes perform one routine per class in both shows (costume per class)
- Exception: Creative Movement and Pre-Pointe do not perform.
Friday Show Assignments
Saturday Show Assignments