Our annual recital is a long-time and eagerly anticipated tradition held each May at E.C. Glass High School. We aim to create a polished, professional performance and to instill the value of show and rehearsal etiquette. This requires regular attendance in class, dedicated practice, and participation at rehearsals.
2020 Drive-In Recital
Sept 18 & 19 after dark (tentatively also Sept 20) at Human Kind Field: 150 Linden Avenue Lynchburg, VA 24503
- Tickets – $20 per car sold online via Nomad Movies closer to the event.
- One car per dancer due to limited space and for optimal viewing.
- One paper program handed out per car.
- Digital program available above.
- Concessions available on site.
Friday, May 14 & Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 7:00 PM at EC Glass High School
- Act 1: traditionally all Ballet, Pointe, Hippity Hop, and Acro 1 in addition to Primary Combo, Kinder Combo, Elementary Combo A, and parts of Elementary Combo B and C.
- Act 2: traditionally all other classes: Tap, Jazz, Modern, Lyrical, Hip Hop, Acro, Seniors, & Company
- Regular classes stop two weeks before the show and Studio and Stage Rehearsals begin.
- Dancers will be assigned time slots within TENTATIVE times below that pertain to dance(s) in show order.
- Dancers may leave EC Glass rehearsals after running their dance(s) once or twice in show order.
- Show order and detailed rehearsal schedule is released each February or March.
May 3, 5, 10, 2021
Act 1 rehearsals @ studio. Dancers are assigned time slot(s) based on show order between 4:30–7:30.
May 4, 6, 11, 2021
Act 2 rehearsals @ studio. Dancers are assigned time slot(s) based on show order between 4:30–7:30.
May 12, 2021
Stage Rehearsal @ EC Glass. Dancers are assigned time slot(s) based on show order. Act 1: 4:30 – 6:30. Dinner Break: 6:30-700. Act 2: 7:00-9:30.
May 13, 2021
Dress Rehearsal @ EC Glass. Dancers are assigned time slot(s) based on show order. Act 1: 4:30 – 6:30. Dinner Break: 6:30-700. Act 2: 7:00-9:30.
- Ticketing is NOT OPEN at this time.
- Tickets are sold ONLINE – not at the studio.
- When open, visit tututix.com/SevenHillsDance to choose seat(s)!
- Or, call 855-222-2TIX (2849)
- Print tickets at home for FREE or pay for mailed souvenir tickets.
- Purchase early for good seats!
- ONLINE TICKETS: $12. TutuTix charges $1 per ticket fee, plus 5% processing.
- AT THE DOOR TICKETS: $15. Show nights only. Box office opens 6:00 PM. No debit/credit. General admission seating.
- Proceeds go toward venue, sound, & equipment rental, stage/technical staff, & production expenses.
- Commemorative show t-shirts, DVDs, flower bouquets, program ads, & picture options will be available.
- Costumes are $60 per dance.
- Creative Movement & Pre-Pointe do not have costumes/are not in recital.
- Costume fees are auto charged to payment on file the 3rd Friday in November.
- Costumes are ordered in December once payment is received. Non-refundable.
- Costumes are not sent home until paid in full. Students may not perform if not paid.
- Alterations are the responsibility of the parent. Sometimes a simple safety pinning of straps is helpful.
- Each dance will require specific dance shoes/tights.
- There are times when costume may require items different from dress code.
- Show needs & rehearsal schedule will be distributed closer to show.
# of Costumes & Show Assignments
- Primary combo: ballet routine in one show. (one costume)
- Kinder combo: tap routine in one show. (one costume)
- Elementary Combo A: ballet routine in one show. (one costume)
- Hippity Hop: one routine in both shows. (one costume)
- Elementary Combo B: tap & jazz routine in both shows. (two costumes)
- Elementary Combo C: ballet, tap, and jazz routine in both shows. (three costumes)
- All other classes perform one routine per class in both shows (costume per class)
- Exception: Creative Movement and Pre-Pointe do not perform.
Friday Show Assignments
- Primary: Tues 5-545
- Kinder: Tues 545-645
- Elem Combo A: Wed 5-6
Saturday Show Assignments
- Primary: Wed 6-645
- Kinder: Wed 5-6
- Elem Combo A: Mon 530-630