- Tuesdays & Thursdays beginning Thursday, August 1.
- All company: 5:30 – 7:30 PM.
- NEW MEMBERS: Bring birth certificate to first practice!
Thursday, August 1
- Miss Hillary will be selecting dancers for a hip hop dance for competition.
- Please attend AUDITION from 4:30 – 5:30 PM if interested in being considered.
- An additional installment of $225 will be due Jan 15 to participate (for costumes/entry fees).
- Hip Hop PRACTICES: Tuesdays/Thursdays in August from 4:30 – 5:30 PM.
Potluck Picnic Meet & Greet
- September 21 from 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM. (Senior Co will finish practice a bit early to leave for picnic.)
- The Candler home: 1219 Norvell House Court, Lynchburg, VA 24503
- Join us for a picnic so dancers AND parents may meet, greet, and learn more about a new season of company!
- Click here to sign-up for food/drinks/items to bring!
Sept – May Practices
- All Saturdays beginning after Labor Day (excluding holidays & unless otherwise notified).
- Jr & Teen Co: 9:00-11:15 AM
- Senior Co: 10:30-12:45
- Hip Hop with Hillary: TBA
- Senior Contemporary: Will practice Wednesdays 7:00-7:45 before Adv Modern.
Love your Neighbor 5K & Fun Run at Peaks View Park
- Saturday, November 9th.
- 7:45 AM – Dancers arrive at Peaks View Park (park location and more info TBA).
- ATTIRE: Company jackets, black bottoms (leggings, pants, shorts, etc.), tennis shoes, and a studio t-shirt of your choice if you have one.
- 9:00 AM – Race begins
- 10:00 AM – Dancers will be finished.
- 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM – Junior and Teen practice at the studio.
- 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM – Senior practice at the studio.
- *Please make arrangements to pick up your student or carpool from the park to the studio! We would love our student drivers to assist with this to help families out if allowed!
- Dance Company members will help set up, pass out cups of water at stations across the course, direct runners where to go, and to cheer folks on as they run and walk. They anticipate plenty of families with children, so the cheering will be important!
Saturday, November 30
- No practice – Thanksgiving weekend
Friday, December 6
- Practice for Juniors & Teens: 4:30 – 6:00 PM.
- Practice for Seniors: 5:30 – 7:00 PM
Saturday, December 7
- No practice.
Company Holiday Party @ studio – Saturday, December 14
- Practice will be held from 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM for ALL MEMBERS.
- Party will be held from 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM.
- Click here to sign-up for food/drinks/items to bring.
- Includes gift exchange game. Please bring an anonymously wrapped gift (value no more than $15).
Annual Sleepover @ studio – Friday, January 10
- Drop off Friday at 6:30pm. Pick up Saturday morning at 8am.
- Please bring:
- Sleep items (air mattress or sleeping bag, blankets, pillow, pajamas, etc.)
- $10 in CASH to order pizza for dinner and for arts/crafts supplies.
- Each member – please bring one 2 liter drink as well as snacks to share.
- Personal items (toiletries, etc.)
- Company headshots will be taken for the recital program. Not present = not pictured.
- Please wear a black shirt and have your hair fixed nicely as well as some light stage makeup – blush, lipstick, etc.
- BE READY for pictures upon drop-off as they will begin promptly at 6:30 PM.
Parent Showing @ studio – Jan 18 at 10:30 AM
- Informal showing of company dances for parents (a.k.a. dress rehearsal).
- Dancers – bring all costumes, tights, shoes, and accessories.
DanceMakers, Inc. Convention & Competition
- January 24-26, 2020 in Richmond, VA at Greater Richmond Convention Center.
- This competition usually starts FRIDAY morning at 7 AM. Chances are HIGH that solo/duo/trio and some group numbers will compete Friday morning. We recommend booking hotel for THURSDAY night through Sunday and cancelling what is not needed once the schedule is released.
- Classes are held on Saturday and Sunday approx. 8 AM – 3 PM with competition also on Saturday night (all numbers that didn’t compete on Friday).
- Downtown Richmond Marriott: 500 E Broad St, Richmond, VA 23219. (804) 643-3400. Ask for DMI rate.
Turn It Up Dance Challenge
- February 14 – 16, 2020 in Greensboro, NC at Carolina Theatre: 310 S. Greene St. Greensboro, NC 27401.
- Hotel info TBA.
- We recommend booking for Friday and Saturday night. Once their schedule is released a week or two before the event, you may cancel what is not needed based on your dancer’s schedule.
- TENTATIVE general schedule:
- Saturday: Likely report in the morning with a mid-day competition start time throughout the day/evening.
- Sunday: Likely report around 7 or 8 AM and compete throughout the day with awards late afternoon.
February 22 & 29
- Regular Saturday practices.
Lynchburg Dance Connection Showcase
- Sunday, March 1, 2020 at 7:00 PM at Lynchburg’s downtown Academy Theatre.
- One company number will perform. Stage rehearsal will be held earlier that same day. Approx. 2 PM. Details TBA.
- Several of our dancers are also in other pieces choreographed by local choreographers.
- Ryan’s Heaven iKnow piece is being restaged for this show using community and studio dancers.
- Click here to purchase tickets if you have not done so. Dancers will not need a ticket unless they plan to watch from the audience.
- Please plan to stay for this event in its entirety to support fellow dancers and be a part of the community experience that is the mission of this show. We recognize it is a school night, but the vision for this show is to promote community among all the dance groups in the area and we would love our dancers to support that by attending fully!
Star Talent Productions
- March 6 – 8, 2020 in Roanoke, VA at the Jefferson Center: 541 Luck Ave SW, Roanoke, VA 24016.
- Hotel of your choice. We recommend booking for Friday and Saturday night. Once their schedule is released a week or two before the event, you may cancel what is not needed based on your dancer’s schedule.
- TENTATIVE general schedule:
- Saturday: Likely report at 8 AM and compete throughout the day with awards as late as 9 PM.
- Sunday: Likely report around 7 or 8 AM and compete throughout the day with awards around dinnertime.
- NO PRACTICE.
March 21, 28, & April 4
- Abbreviated practice for all company members: 9:30 AM – 11 AM.
- End of the year breakfast will be held Sat, Mar 21 during practice. Details TBA.
April 11 & 18
- Spring Break. NO PRACTICES.
Tryouts for new year
- Friday, April 24.
- Click here for guidelines.
- Use CURRENT studio level to determine tryout time.
- Senior Company (Levels 6 & Advanced): 4:30 PM
- Teen Company (Levels 4 & 5): 5:30 PM
- Junior Company (Elementary C Combo & Levels 1, 2, 3): 6:30 PM
- Saturday, April 25 from 12 PM – 2 PM.
- Milano’s Restaurant.
- Approximately $15 per person to attend.
- Please RSVP by emailing Ryan the NAMES of the people attending by April 20.
- Cash or Check payable to Seven Hills Dance Studio due the day of the event.
– – – – – – – – – –
To accept your Company invitation, please complete the following by July 1:
- Pay outstanding balances.
- Register for summer intensives.
- See practice schedule below.
- Complete online Acceptance Form (at the bottom of this page).
- NEW MEMBERS: Submit birth certificate @ first company practice.